The design has been carried out in accordance with the following European Standards and relevant publications.
BS EN 1991-1-1-1-4:2005: Euro code 1: Actions on Structures-General actions-Part1-4: Wind Actions
NA to BS EN 1991-1-4: UK National Annex to Eurocode 1: UK National Annex to Eurocode1: Actions on Structures.
BS EN 1993-1-1:2005: Eurocode 3: Design of Steel Structures- General Structural Rules
BS EN 1993-1-11:2006: Eurocode 3: Design of Steel Structures- Design of structures with tension components
BS EN1993-3-1: 2006: Eurocode 3: Design of Steel Structures-Towers and masts
NA to BS EN 1993-3-1:2006: UK National Annex to Eurocode 3: Towers and Masts
The following design criteria/parameters have been used for the design:
1. Reliability class 1 as defined in NA.2.20 of BS EN 1993-3-3-1:2006. (Unmanned site, unlikely to cause death or injury during failure)
2. Terrain Category 3 (typical country terrain) as defined by NA2.11 of EN1991-1-4:2006
3. Provisions have not been made for wind funnelling
4. Ice loading has not been considered
5. Wind Loadings have been calculated to the following equivalent wind speeds and altitudes above sea level:
22m/s at 45m altitude
21m/s at 95m altitude
20m/s at 150m altitude
6. The max wind force applied to the top of mast at the top of the cantilever due to any discrete ancillary item must not exceed 700N
7. Max antenna weight must not exceed 40kg ( based on 6mm SWR
8. It has been assumed that the mast has been fabricated and erected in accordance with BS EN 1993-3-1:2006 Annex F
9. The mast should not be set up on a gradient equal or greater than 30 degrees
For further information please contact.